The Rewa city, which is situated in the central part of the Vindhya region spread over the Vindhyachal mountain range, was the birthplace of the great idolaters like the enchanting sweet song and the Navaratna of Badshah Akbar – Tansen and Birbal. The Rewa city, inhabited by the Kalaqar Behar and Vichia river, has been the capital of the rulers of the Baghel dynasty as well as the capital of Vindhya Pradesh. Historical region Rewa has been known as the land of white lions in the world. The name of Rewa was named after the name of River Rewa, which is called the mythological name of Narmada river. It has been an important trade route since ancient times. Which has been connecting Kaushal, Prayag, Banaras, Pataliputra, etc. to western and southern India. Before the rule of Beyghel, other kings’ rulers such as Guptak Kalchuri dynasty, Chandel and Pratahar are also named.
Rewa was the capital of Vidhya Pradesh and due to being the divisional headquarters, this area has been known as a major city, and along with the divisional headquarters, it is a major historical town in the region. Rewa Municipality Corporation was formed in the form of a municipal corporation in the year 1950, in January 1981, the status of Nagar Palik Nigam was given by the Madhya Pradesh government. At present, Rewa has a total of 45 wards in the city, in which 6 wards are reserved for Schedule Castes and Scheduled Tribes, in which ward number 1 and 43 belong to Scheduled Tribes and ward number 28, 38, 39, 40 is reserved for Schedule Castes.